What is the difference between OHSAS 18001 & ISO 45001?
Over the last few weeks, we have found that we are getting asked more and more what is the difference between OHSAS 18001 & ISO 45001?
First of all, although ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety, is a completely new standard the structure is very similar to that of ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015.
In addition to this, it builds on the established foundations of OHSAS 18001.
ISO 45001 also adopts a risk-based approach. Furthermore, this ensures it is effective and undergoes continual improvement to meet organisations ever-changing context.
Who is ISO 45001 for?
ISO 45001 can certainly be implemented into any organisation, regardless of size, industry or the nature of the business.
What are the benefits of implementing a health and safety standard in your business?
- Demonstrates that you are committed to health and safety requirements.
- It is the most reliable way of demonstrating compliance in this area, in tender documents and pre-qualification questionnaires.
- Recognises and regulates health and safety risks.
- Reduces risks to employees and external visitors.
- Can lead to a reduction in insurance costs.
- Certification can enhance your reputation, and as a result, attracts new customers to your organisation.
About Interface NRM
Interface NRM is a UKAS and ASI Accredited Certification Body. We offer UKAS ISO 9001:2015, UKAS ISO 14001:2015, OHSAS 18001, FSC® and PEFC certification services.
We have 2 offices in the UK. Centrally in the West Midlands, serving the Birmingham conurbation, Midlands and the North, and in Bournemouth covering the South.
This week we have been certifying clients in the construction industry, who are based in Shrewsbury against the OHSAS 18001 standard
Get in touch with us.
If you would like to get in touch with us to discuss OHSAS 18001 or ISO 45001 in more detail. You can do so by calling us on 01952 288325, by initiating a live chat on our website or by using our contact us form.
Get a quote for OHSAS 18001
If you would like a quote for OHSAS 18001 then you can do so easily by requesting a free quotation on our website.