At Interface NRM, we constantly thrive to be on top of our clients’ needs and questions. We have previously provided you with an ISO 9001:2015 update and so we are now providing you with a short update on the ISO 14001 revision.
As we are sure you are already aware, ISO 14001 Environmental Management System revision is well on its way and is now in its final stages. The final version is due to be published in October 2015. If you would like to have your own copy of the draft in the meantime, you can purchase one from the ISO shop: http://www.iso.org/iso/home/store/catalogue_tc/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=60857
Some of the key changes in the ISO 14001 Revision are as follows:
- Increased prominence of environmental management within the organisation’s strategic planning processes
- Greater focus on leadership
- Addition of proactive initiatives to protect the environment from harm and degradation, such as sustainable resource use and climate change mitigation
- Improving environmental performance added
- Lifecycle thinking when considering environmental aspects
- Addition of a communications strategy
If you are certified to the ISO 14001:2004 standard don’t worry, there is a three year transition period and we will inform you of everything you need to do, and who you need to contact (such as auditors and consultants) in order to transition to the standard in good time.
For the time being, we would like to provide you with some links to further information in case you have any further questions or would just like to have more information available.
Technical Committee information sheet.
ISO 14001 Revision Video.
If you would like to have a phone conversation with us please do not hesitate, we are more than happy to oblige. We would be happy to discuss your ISO 14001 certification, and what the next steps are for your organisation.
If you are not ISO 14001 certified and would like to be, fill in our enquiry form or call today.
You can also follow us on Twitter to keep up-to-date with all of our latest news and information.